If you read this post last month, I hope I inspired you to join the makeover contest of Real Living. A lot of people tell me I am very lucky when it comes to contests. In a way, that may be true. What I want to think is that I win because I try. Hard. I don’t have many desires but when I want something, I commit. For this makeover contest, I read the stories of past winners. I took photos of my house and had the pictures developed. I wrote and rewrote and rewrote my entry. And then, I commuted from Paranaque to Ortigas to handcarry my entry to Summit Media. When I learned that our house was shortlisted, I planned for the ocular inspection by rehearsing how to “sell” our house and by baking chocolate chip cookies in the morning (which RL team was not able to taste because they came early). Now, was I really just lucky?
Anyhoot hoot, here are the pictures from the July 2015 Real Living issue.
What do you think?
We super recommend Kat Lopez, our interior designer. These were my requests
1. No to minimalist. When we were building the house back in 2008, minimalist designs were all the rage. For a time, it worked well for us. When Aki was a toddler, simplicity was the way to go. The less corners, the safer. The less knick knacks, the easier the clean up. Now that Aki is five, I am ready for a look that reflects our personality. Oh, and please, no more light brown an wenge colors!
2. What I like about the house is the “aliwalas” feel. I want to keep it light and bright.
3. Yellow and blue, please!!! When I asked Franco what look does he want, he said and may I quote “Whatever my wife wants.” . He did know about my color choices until he saw the mustard yellow wall. Haha.
4. A photo wall. We have been having photoshoots every year since 2008. It is a shame that we are unable to display our family photos.
5. Paintings have to stay but I will need flexibility. We will have new artworks which we will definitely want to display.
Kat granted all my wishes and more. You can reach her at 09173240405.
I will share more before and after photos and more behind the scene kwento in my next posts.🙂