Last year was all about money money money. Our New Year’s resolution of wealth management kept us busy for the first months of 2012. I am proud of what we have accomplished and of how we are aligned on how we plan to accomplish our financial goals. On those days when I had to drag myself out of bed to go to work, I remind myself that if I don’t have a job, I might be dependent on my children when I grow old. Before Franco and I got serious about money, we were on the opposite ends of the pole when it comes to investing. Now, I can say, we know what we want and know how to get there. I highly recommend Efren Cruz to anyone looking for an independent financial consultant.
Anyhoo, when I make resolutions, I try to accomplish them ASAP. As the months pass, I get distracted and less commited so I want to make and implement the changes that I want right away. This year will be all about vanity. I don’t plan to be a fashionista over night. I just want to look a little more presentable . I want to care about my looks. I want to step out of the house and feel giddy because I like how I look that day. I have too many clothes that are ill fitting and not enough shoes and bags. I used to love shopping. That was until I became a mom. Family comes first of course. Who has time for shopping if you have a tantrum to tame? As a working mom, I always felt guilty about spending time in window shopping. I felt like I always have to rush home because I am not spending enough time with Aki. Why buy clothes when there is so much more important things that the family needs? Well, this year, I hope to change all that. I am more comfortable spending Friday nights in St Francis Square. Besides, I owe iit to myself to spend my hard earned money on myself. I also made a recent change in my schedule. I go to work earlier now and am extra conscious of how I make use of the time in the office. The goal is to get home while the sun is still there. From Monday to Wednesday, I try to be home before 6PM. Those days are for Aki. On Thursday, I try to finish everything. That is my mega OT day. Fridays are for Franco and myself. This is the day when we have dinner together or maybe do some shopping.
Back to the vanity project. Here is what I have done so far
– Buy a full length mirror. We only had 1 mirror in the house and it was in the 1st floor bathroom. Having a mirror forces me to have a good look at myself before leaving the house.
– Start using BB cream. Mega special thanks to Maggie!
– Start using a facial wash regularly. Thanks to Maggie again for the reco!
– Buy two pairs of denim pants in Herbench. While the skinniy jeans that I bought from Cash and Carry look good, they are not comfortable. I had not been to a Bench store for years so I was surprised to find out that their pants were reasonably priced. I used to get intimidated by the idea of buying pants from mall stores because I had this notion that denim pants cost at least 2000 bucks. Hahaha. I am really happy with my new pants and plan to buy more.
– New shoes. For the longest time, I would only wear one pair of shoes until it gives up on me.
– Have my ears repierced c/o Dra. Saulog. I love my new rubic serconia earrings. I can’t wait to buy more earrings.
– Get a new haircut.
– Accessorize. I am clueless but I am trying. I still need help on this department. What kind of necklace go with V-necks? What is the rule in mixing and matching bracelets? What are the basics? Any accesorizing 101 out there? How do you organize your accessories? Thank you to my mother in law and to Ms DD for the necklaces!
– Got new pants, shorts and tops from St Francis. I’m such a fan of that mall! I will blog about my shopping finds one of these days.
– Buy a new bag. I got a brand new Nine West bag for one 1200 bucks from an online garage sale. Thank you, Nikki! Is there a Bag 101 guide out there? How many everyday bags does a girl need? And is there an easy way to transfer the contents? What is stopping me from interchanging bags is that I find it such a hassle to transfer the contents from one bag to another?
– Get a foot spa. Last Saturday’s foot spa was my first since I got married. I got reminded why I don’t like foot spas. I find them boring. And expensive! Or maybe I just need to find a foot spa place that I like.
Here is what I still need to do:
– Find my go-to lipstick. Any tips?
– Not sure yet but I might just color my hair. Or at least dye my grey hair. Is there a salon out there who selectively colors grey hairs only? I really don’t mind the grey hair.Until I got married, I thought everyone is doomed to have a head full of grey hair. Turns out, nature has selected a few families to be given that curse. Now I have more grey hair than my mother in law. The grey hairs I don’t really mind. It’s the ‘patay’ or really curly grey ones that stand out that is bugging me. I have received numerous requests from friends if they can pluck them out. I see people stare at them. My husband tries to pull them out when I am not looking. I don’t want to pluck them because I noticed that grey hairs indeed increase when they are pulled out. Or maybe, I was really stressed last year that is why my grey hairs increased tenfolds. What is stopping me from dyeing them is that I don’t know if I can commit to regularly going to the salon to re-dye the roots.
Wish me luck! If you have any fashion or beauty tips, please share!