My little funny bunny,
Today, you turn three. Congratulations to you and to me for getting past the terrible two’s. In the last 12 months, we have seen you grow into your own person. Let me tell you. You are funny like your daddy. You have such great PR skills like your LoloTay. And you got your persistence and curiosity from me.
It is difficult to summarize who you have become because that means summarizing almost 300 blog entries. The reason why I wake up at 4:30 or 5AM everyday and aim to have 25 posts every month is for us to have something to look back at. I hope when you are old enough to read, you will enjoy reading my blog posts. As you will read, you inspire us every single day. You inspire us to save, to be healthy, to be more patient, to be more creative, to be more accepting, to work smarter, to be silly, to cherish the small things. Thank you, my little love, for inspiring us.
Some interesting things about you lately
– You want to have a little baby sister and you want to call her Emily, after Yellow Power Ranger
– You can’t get over the fact that your classmate Lucas deliberately spilled your juice. You keep telling me how you want to jujitsu, wrestle and judo him. Thank God you have not done any of those. Son, I hope you would not be so unforgiving like me.
soap soap soap
i love soap
soap soap soap
i love you soap
braaagh braaagh braaaagh
– Last Monday, you asked me to change my top because according to you, sandos are only for boys.
– Finally, you like dancing. Just so you know, your mother does not dance. Your dad on the other hand, got an A in ballroom dancing in college. You learned how to do the Pocoyo and Spiderman III dance moves all by yourself just by watching the videos.
– You wake me up in the middle of the night so I can bring you to the toilet to pee. You should see yourself when you are about to pee. You are tensed and jump-y as if you have been pricked by a hundred needles.
– Your favorite teacher is Teacher Inday. She is actually not a teacher. She is an ate at your school.
– You pack away your toys and ask for your toothbrush at night. You are attached to a small pillow which you have named Small Pillow.
– You invent your own toys. Last weekend, you made a toy and called it Arrow Bangbang.
– Speaking of nightly rituals, at night, when you say goodnight to Ate Dorina, LoloTay and Babita, you say, “Dood Night. Yabyu. Tenchu!”. You never fail to warm our hearts every time you say that.
– You are learning how to negotiate. When we tell you that we need to go by 7, you ask if we can move the schedule to 8. If we tell you, you can only have one, you tell us you want 2. You are a funny little attorney.
– We have a good laugh everytime you intentionally call me Mom, Mother, Nanay, Inay instead of Mummy. Lately, you like saying, “Mummy, I so love!”
Bunny, I can go on an on. Let me stop here so you have no choice but to read my blog posts.
Today is gonna be a special day filled with memories. I hope you enjoy the baby uod party that we are going to have later. Thank you for everything that you are. I look forward to your antics now that you are three.
Aki, we so love!