Several friends and family have been telling us us that Aki seems tall for his age. Because I don’t know a lot of kids his age, I had no idea if he is within or above the usual the usual range. This was until last last Saturday when we went to Dra Saulog’s clinic to have Aki’s cough checked. While waiting for our turn, I thought I’d plot Aki’s weight and height in the chart. Interestingly, Aki’s height is indeed 2 centimeters above the normal range for his age. I am not sure if it is the Cherifer, his regained appetite or my genes. My male cousins are all tall. The shortest stands at 5’11. The tallest is 6’4.
Plotting Aki’s height and weight in the chart, made me realize how much I have changed as a mother in the last 2.5 years. I used to eagerly update the chart everytime we had a check up. Now, if I had not been bored, I would have forgotten that these pages in Aki’s baby book exist. I am no longer the praning, online shopping-addict, superbaby-wanting mom that I used to be.
– Read all parenting websites, blogs and books that I could get my hands on
– Spent/wasted time and cash buying baby stuff. I used to enjoy online shopping. I would visit SM Makati before heading home to see if there is anything that Aki might need
– Considered buying Your-Baby-Can-Read videos
– Would do anything and everything for her child. This I think is the reason why Aki did not develop his verbal language skills earlier. He was not encouraged to verbalize his needs and desires because even before could try to, I had already anticipated and taken care of them.
– Brought baby bottles and extra clothes good for 2 days even if we were just out for a check-up
– Reads N@w posts, follows selected blogs and searches only when needed
– Hates consumerism. I hate how marketing materials make new moms feel like they need to buy their product.
– Lets Aki dictate our lessons and playtime
– Tries to let go and let Aki do the things he wants to do. Yesterday, he took off his shorts for the first time all by himself
– Forgets to bring wipes and diapers!! Hehe
PS. We were back in Dra Saulog’s clinic today because Aki had been feverish for two days. To my surprise, despite getting sick, Aki grew 1.5 centimeters since our last visit.