I just realized that yesterday was my blog’s 2nd birthday. Four hundred forty-four posts, 1800+ comments, 97000 hits, 50+ followers and 8 helpers later, I am still blogging. Hooray for me!
With the exception of my husband, my mother in law, my sister, my niece Jyl, and some officemates, most of my friends and family do not know that this blog exists. Sometimes I am tempted to link my blog to my very inactive Facebook account but then, I ask myself, “why do I want to do that?” Maybe for more hits? While spikes in my hit counter are always welcome, the reason I blog is for documentation’s sake and not for the hits. Maybe for the sake of sharing? But most of Franco and my FB friends ( we share an account), aren’t mothers and will probably find my blog boring. I still haven’t convinced myself if I should share my blog so for now it is still a secret blog. hehe.
I love blogging because
– It allows me to document our experiences and to reflect on how wonderful my life is.
– It allows me to appreciate our experiences even more. Sometimes, I have a-good-title-for-this-post-would-be-XXXX moments while the very activity is occuring.
– I have gained a lot of friends thru this blog. Just last weekend, we were at Maggie’s condo for a swimming playdate! Thru blogging, I am now friends with the girl my ex-boyfriend left me for (you know who you are :P) .Amazing, right?
– Once in a while I get comments and personal messages from new online friends who tell me that I was able to help them find a pedia, plan their kid’s baptism (I don’t know why but more people seem to appreciate my posts on Aki’s baptism. The baptism was just okay for me. It is the airplane and letter-A parties that I am truly proud of) etc. I don’t really see this blog as a go-to source for wonderful tips on motherhood. I am still adjusting to being a new mom myself so I am in no position to give tips. That is why whenever someone thanks me or says they find my blog helpful, I never fail to smile.
– I get a lot of helpful tips from helpful commenters, too!
– Because of blogging, one day, when Aki knows how to read, when he is staying in a dorm, when his social life is so hectic he can’t come home every weekend, he will read my blog or my book and see how his mother always looked forward to spending ordinary days especially weekends with him.